- Grew profits 16-fold in 6 months for a 100-person call center, by coaching improved leadership skills for the CEO
- For a small manufacturing firm, found savings and efficiencies that grew pretax profit 35%
- For a direct-mail retailer, improved overall warehouse efficiency by 18% including a tripling of inventory counting speed and a 75% reduction in errors
- For a sales force doing warm calling to prospects and leaving voice mails, quadrupled the call-back rate
- For a financial advisor, increased the rate of referrals provided by existing clients by 6:1
- For a sales manager, coached new behaviors that reduced activity by 40% while increasing sales 50%, for a 250% increase in productivity
- As interim Product Manager, opened the Portland development office of a software startup, hired staff, managed product features and development schedule, created use cases and other requirements documents and delivered software on deadline.
- Tripled sales in three months for a provider of closed circuit TV and alarm systems
We have worked for or with many firms, including:
- IBM Global Services
- ODOT – Oregon Department of Transportation
- OLCC – Oregon Liquor Control Commission
- OHSU – Oregon Health Sciences University
- Oracle Corporation
- Regence Blue Cross
- SCIF – State Compensation Insurance Fund (State of California)
- Standard Insurance
Tom co-authored Chapter 6 “Trauma Scoring” (on the use of metrics in quality and process improvement) in the book Current Therapy of Trauma and Surgical Critical Care (2008, Mosby/Elsevier).
Tom wrote the Oracle Workgroup Server Handbook (1995, Osborne McGraw-Hill).