Thomas Cox is a leadership trainer, author and speaker who coaches CEOs and business owners on how to get better results through more effective leadership. He is the discoverer of The Only Universal Truth of Leadership. Thomas believes that Eudaimonism, the philosophy of human thriving, is humanity’s best hope for creating engaged and productive workplaces.
Typical Client Results
- For a manufacturing firm, found savings and efficiencies that grew pretax profit 35%
- For a direct-mail retailer, improved overall warehouse efficiency by 18% including a tripling of inventory counting speed and a 75% reduction in errors
- For a sales force doing warm calling to prospects and leaving voice mails, quadrupled the call-back rate
- For a financial advisor, increased the rate of referrals provided by existing clients by 6:1
- For a sales manager, coached new behaviors that reduced activity by 40% while increasing sales 50% – a 250% productivity increase
- As Product Manager for an internet software start-up, opened the Portland development office, hired staff, managed product features and development schedule, and consistently delivered software on time for every release cycle with zero defects
- As Project Program Manager, managed 24 simultaneous projects, completing all ahead of schedule and under budget
Tom as a Coach
My coaching approach involves helping an executive with three types of things:
- Facts, Approaches, Ideas — things they don’t have in their head. Best practices I’ve picked up or that we can find, and that I can support them to practice and turn into habits (e.g. doing One-on-Ones with direct reports)
- Sense-Making — helping them find new ways to engage with the world (e.g. to turn an “enemy” into an ally)
- Self Awareness — helping them see into their blind spot, to become present to (and then stop) self-defeating patterns
Tom Cox is a consultant, author and speaker who coaches CEOs and business owners on how to get better results through more effective leadership. A graduate of the University of Chicago, Tom earned his four-year degree in psychology in just three years, with honors. Tom believes that Eudaimonism, the philosophy of human thriving, is humanity’s best hope for creating engaged and productive workplaces.
Tom as Host
“Tom Cox is one of those rare interviewers who is very bright and takes the time to know your work, and so is able ask really insightful questions. He was able to coax more out of me in half an hour than I thought possible. It was an incredibly enjoyable experience for me and I trust for the audience as well.” — Charles Jacobs, author of Management Rewired: Why Feedback Doesn’t Work and Other Surprising Lessons from the Latest Brain Science
About Tom on Leadership
Tom on Leadership is the Internet’s premier blog and podcast for CEOs and business owners.
Tom writes a twice-monthly column for the online edition of Oregon Business Magazine.
His radio show Tom on Leadership has a total listenership of over 90,000. It started in March 2009.
His blog Tom on Leadership has been published since 2007.
Our mailing address is:
Thomas B. Cox
2850 SW Cedar Hills Blvd., Suite 357
Beaverton, OR 97005
More About Tom
How Tom Communicates
What Motivates Tom