- Grew profits 16-fold in 6 months for a 100-person call center, by coaching improved leadership skills for the CEO
- For a small manufacturing firm, found savings and efficiencies that grew pretax profit 35%
- For a direct-mail retailer, improved overall warehouse efficiency by 18% including a tripling of inventory counting speed and a 75% reduction in errors
- For a sales force doing warm calling to prospects and leaving voice mails, quadrupled the call-back rate
- For a financial advisor, increased the rate of referrals provided by existing clients by 6:1
- For a sales manager, coached new behaviors that reduced activity by 40% while increasing sales 50%, for a 250% increase in productivity
- As Product Manager, opened the Portland development office of a software startup, hired staff, managed product features and development schedule, created use cases and other requirements documents and delivered software on deadline.
- Tripled sales in three months for a provider of closed circuit video monitoring and alarm systems by coaching the owner weekly on key behaviors
Thomas has worked for or with many firms, including:
- IBM Global Services
- ODOT – Oregon Department of Transportation
- OLCC – Oregon Liquor Control Commission
- OHSU – Oregon Health Sciences University
- Oracle Corporation
- Regence Blue Cross
- SCIF – State Compensation Insurance Fund (State of California)
- Standard Insurance
- Pão de Açúcar (Brazil)
- …and dozens of smaller firms
Thomas co-authored Chapter 6 “Trauma Scoring” (on the use of metrics in quality and process improvement) in the book Current Therapy of Trauma and Surgical Critical Care (Elsevier).
Thomas wrote the Oracle Workgroup Server Handbook (1995, Osborne McGraw-Hill).
Thomas has served with distinction on numerous boards, including governing boards of the City Club of Portland, International Coach Federation of Oregon, Institute of Management Consultants, and several private company advisory boards.
Thomas discovered the Only Universal Secret of Leadership and codified it in 2014 as part of his creation of Becoming a Best Boss, his unique training and coaching system.